Friday, October 14, 2005

So many groups are having problems right now

This one group I know of has finally realized that it is run authoritarianly. Not just the people who apparently stormed out of their meeting, but other people, too. Pretty exciting. It's hard when you have a nonprofit person who is paid to work on the project, and everyone else is regular volunteers.

A group I work with is having major issues- it's supposed to be a coalition, but there are these sectarian anarchists who don't want to work with this middle aged middle class (worker) dude. It's funny how coalitions are. I do think it's important for anarchists to have our own projects, but I mean, we should also figure out ways to work with other people. I am so good at talking the talk.

So anyhow, this dude who I have known and loved for a long time (until we worked together, now we aren't friends anymore) left this project. I am glad and relieved and all that, but I am also sad, because it doesn't solve the problem, help the project, or get him to realize that he's got issues that need to be dealt with. So he's certainly not going to deal with them. And it also doesn't make us friends again. Or does it?

Anyhow, I need to get my butt to bed.