Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wear Black, and all that

Well, it's another October 22nd (national day of protest to stop police brutality, repression, and the criminalization of a generation). Every time I help out with it, the months leading up to it are worse and worse hell for me.

I got only 4 hours of sleep on Thursday night because I was entering Stolen Lives names into the database (on deadline). Friday was a long workday, and then of course I couldn't sleep again that night. Insomnia was my close friend this week. Yesterday I had to work a half day (cleaning) and then I got to take a nap. I had the worst nightmare, but it woke me up at just the right time. I dreamed that there was this guy who was kind of stalking me. We were at a pool, and I was kind of trapped in the pool area. The pool was sort of a combo of Bentley (the lighting) and some other pool i swam in somewhere. When Tina Fey came through a door with some NBC crew, I went running for that door. I grabbed her and hugged her and was crying really hard. When I woke up, I kind of couldn't breathe very well. I guess the asthma must have been stressing me out in my sleep. But what an awful feeling, having a dream like that, huh?

So I went for the computer and checked my email. This one person who has been one of the main 3 people working on this protest had sent an email. What I consider to be a very bad email. She had emailed a whole bunch of people a whole bunch of other people's phone numbers. She insists after the fact that there weren't any numbers on there from people who didn't want their numbers public, but i don't believe it. She should have said, "Emergency: Need Someone to Make These Phone Calls" and then, in the email, explained the situation, and asked forsomeone to call or email her to tell her that they could do it- then she could have sent the list to one person and asked them to keep it confidential.

report from the protest later.