Monday, April 16, 2007

Update on the c-word saga

Guess who got a promotion? Not me, but the person who left me that lovely message. He is now a manager on the weekends, and the woman who had been doing the same job as him on weekdends is now also a manager over me, but one step down. He must have gotten a huge raise (like, $4-6 per hour).

That is so fucked up. In what way is what he did any sign of leadership?! Ugh, and I hate it when people come up to you and say, "Could you do this for me?" Oh, and the other thing, our department consists of two people at a time, plus one lunch person who floats between two departments. So really, as manager, they are my direct boss, and again, there are only two of us. Remember my previous critique that there were too many managers? Well, now there are two more, but this time, one is a woman.

What is it that a manager over me would be able to make me do? And how should/will I respond to this? (I'm currently out sick)