Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm still here...

I'm still here. I happen to be stealing nap time to write this post at the moment. I often write blog posts in my head while I'm biking or driving, but I never get around to posting them, and they are lost...

I got a car a few months ago. It sucks that even I have one now, but just like everyone else says about their car, "I need it!" I still have my job, although tomorrow will be my 4th day in a row out sick with the flu. As I often say, "So much for that flu shot!" I did get one in November, right before we went to New Mexico for Thanksgiving. Have you ever had altitude sickness? God, it's brutal! But I felt really good at the gym the next week!

It's funny that I was writing about recessions and inflation last year, and look, they are still proceeding apace. It's scary. I'm not sure if I should buy things that could be necessities in the future, or try to save money in case I can save enough to buy something really big and useful. Well, there are some big things that my new health insurance doesn't cover, so they are going to eat up a lot of cash...

I'm reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan and Mycelium Running by Paul Stametz. My complaint about MP's latest is that his language is too flowery to be accessible to joe-no-college-education. But he's still great. You should really read The Omnivore's Dilemma. I lent it to the kids at the farm and I think I will just need to buy a used copy when I need to refer back to it. :/

I've been trying to visit the farm a lot when time and health allow, but they don't allow much. I'm not even going to go to the Defend Roe v. Wade march this weekend, but I hope you will!